> 10 for Tuesday: Free Fat Quarter Sewing Tutorials
Tutorials Sewing Crochet My Etsy Shop My Skillshare Classes Contact Me Image Map

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

10 for Tuesday: Free Fat Quarter Sewing Tutorials


10 Free Fat Quarter Sewing Tutorials | She's Got the Notion



I rarely impulse buy fabric-by-the-yard. If I'm having fabric cut, it's usually for a specific sewing project. However, I'm weak to buying cute remnants and fat quarters. I especially love fat quarter bundles. It's an instant coordinating fabric collection I can use for small projects. I've made a list of some of my favorite free tutorials that can be made using fat quarters.


Easy Bags and Purses
Image via Sew Mama Sew
  1. Simple Party Clutch from Sew Mama Sew: This little purse uses just 2 fat quarters for outside and lining. 
  2. Open Wide Zippered Pouch from Noodlehead: These little zipper pouches can be made using two fat quarters and open wide at the top of the pouch. The wide opening means it's easier to find and grab items that are at the bottom.
  3. Cosmetic Bag from Sew Like My Mom: This easy boxy toiletry bag uses two fat quarters and fusible vinyl for easy cleaning and spill protection.
  4. Fabric Produce Bag from Daisy Janie: This little bag can be made using one fat quarter. It's perfect for produce at the grocery store or farmer's market. It has an easy closure loop and can be rolled for easy storage.
  5. Clutch Purse Tutorial from Whip Up: This cute and easy ribbon closure clutch can be made using a fat quarter plus lining fabric.


    For the Sewing Room
    5 yards of bias tape from one fat quarter (plus more fat quarter sewing tutorials) | She's Got the Notion
    Bias Tape from Fat Quarters

  6. Bias Tape from a fat quarter from Stop Staring & Start Sewing: This tutorial show you how to turn one fat quarter into 5 yards of bias tape. This is one of my favorite things to do with a fat quarter and I've use this tutorial several times.
  7. Puff Pin Cushion and Scrap Bin from Awaiting Ada: This adorable pin cushion and scrap bin combo is perfect for use by your sewing machine and can be made using 2 fat quarters.
  8. Fabric Scrap Basket from Sometimes Crafter: This tutorial shows you how to made a basket out of two fat quarters. She uses it for fabric scraps, but the you could use this basket for countless other things too.

    Aprons from Fat Quarters
  9. Fuzzy mirror selfie of my first apron

  10. Apron in an Hour from Stop Staring & Start Sewing: This was the first apron I ever sewed. It's perfect for beginners and uses 1 fat quarter and 1/2 yard of coordinating fabric.
  11. Fat Quarter Apron from Sew4Home: This beautiful apron uses 5 coordinating fat quarters and cotton webbing for the ties. Perfect for a fat quarter bundle.

Do you love sewing with fat quarters? What projects have you made with them? Let me know in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment